Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sophie's Room






Its not done yet but this is what we've got so far. We still need to hang the chandelier (I know, every baby needs a chandelier right?) Im still looking for a book shelf, and then Im going to put some vinyl lettering over her crib...I just need to figure out what poem/quote to use. I really didnt want to spend very much money so there are some things I would have loved to do that didnt happen, maybe later on I guess! My grandma made the doll on the shelf out of one of my great grandma's hand embroidered pillow cases, the mirror came all the way from my living room, and the lamp I got when I went to college...I just stole the lamp shade off one of the side lamps in my bed room that I knocked over and broke and added the ribbon and flower.
The bear on the rocking chair kind of came from my dad I guess. When I was a little girl, my mom was in the hospital. My dad took me to the store and helped me pick it out to take to my mom. After he died I kind of just kept it for myself because it reminded me of him. I think of him ever time I see it.

10 comments:

Johnstun Fam said...

her rooms looks so cute! i love it!

Bentleys said...

Beautiful room! Looks like you had a great shower (ash's blog)

Jade and Anne said...

How cute!! Love it!!! I bet you're getting SO excited! Not much time left!! I can't wait to see pictures of her! I can't stop smiling when I think about you being a mommy!!! :)

Bill and Katie said...

yay! Her room is so cute! Little Emmeline is 2 weeks old now. I just put pictures up on the blog, so check them out. She's a little angel. Sleeps through the night(ish) and has been really easy so far. It's so much fun...you will have a blast. I just hope Sophie doesn't weigh 9 lbs like Emme did. That sucked!

Lorraine said...

It's so adorable! I love that you took old pieces and made them new again. I love doing stuff like that. I sent a gift for with Rob on Saturday when I saw him, so make sure he gives it to you.

Anica said...

Her room looks darling! I'm so excited for you. I want to get together soon and make some little onesies like you made. They are darling!

Johnson Fam said...

Looks like you are set ready to bring that baby home. Impressive! I love Sophies room it is so darling. Can't wait to meet her.

Mandy said...

Hey! Yay, I didn't know you had a blog. I love her room, you did such a great job! Oh, and I had fun chatting with you the other night.

Brooke Baker said...

Wow! Ang, you got it done just in time! It looks so dang Cute! Good luck tomorrow and I can't wait to meet baby Sophie!

Maegen said...

If I can't be there i just have to look at your blog. Rob just txt me and you are at a 9!!!! can't wait to see her. Love you!