Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Jaundice

Our poor little baby had a pretty tough time getting here. She was face up and sideways. Every time I pushed, her head would get stuck on my pubic bone and her shoulder on my pelvis. The doctor tried and tried to turn her but had no luck and it actually got really intense. He had to use the forceps and I have some really "pretty" incisions to show for it. I had a stage 4 episiotomy (ouch!!!!) Because of the bruising on her head she was pretty jaundice. Her doctor put on lights for 48 hours. They would bring her to us just long enough to feed her and then she had to go back under the lights, even though we got to see her every few hours it was hard and we missed her a ton.They would bring her to us on the Bili Blanket.
She looked like a little glow worm.





7 comments:

Jade and Anne said...

Oh Ang! She's SOOO cute!!! What a doll!! I hear ya on the jaundice thing. Livi had it pretty bad too, no hospital treatment though. We had to rent a billi blanket for two days. We called her our KMart blue light special!
I can't wait to see her!

Johnstun Fam said...

I wonder if she will like tanning? LOL She is so cute! You need to post the cute cute pics....:)

Shanna and Brent said...

so sorry she (and you!!!) had a rough time of it, but congrats on a beautiful new baby girl!!! How exciting!!!!
Shanna Zumwalt

Bentleys said...

Poor thing, she looks like the cutest glow worm! Congrats!!

Joey And Stefi said...

Aww, my sister was jaundice. sad day!

I miss you angie! I cannot wait to see you and your little angel!

-stefi

Johnson Fam said...

Wow! You guys are parents! What a Sweetheart. She is a tiny little thing. I am glad she is finally here.

Stephanie said...

Okay, i love your little glow worm comment.

And this is Me & Joeys blogspot.
ignore that Joey and Stefi one.
I forgot I made this one earlier, and I like the url better.
hahaa

I love you, Angie!