Monday, July 21, 2008

For me....this is a victory!!


For some reason every time I start to think about what crib, stroller, or car seat to eventually buy I start to experience serious anxiety. I think Im just nervous that I will make the wrong decision. So far Ive been pretty good at avoiding the whole thing....until Friday that is. Freaking Babinsky had to go and have a huge sidewalk sale. I was helpless to withstand their trickery and cleaver radio commercials....i was totally lured into the store. Needless to say, I overcame my anxiety and bought a crib. I love it! I think I made the right decision. It was love at first sight. I did everything short of climbing in and jumping on it to make sure it would with stand our kid.
I broke my crib as a toddler because I used to hold the sides and jump like I was on a tramp-o-line and Robby.....well, lets just say he made me look like a lap dog (he was climbing the roof in cowboy boots at three), and for those of you who did know me back then can remember that my dad didn't call me "Hurricane Hatty" for nothing. So Im pretty confident that we are in for a wild child, so let me just apologize now and preface the life of this kid by saying.....Its genetic.


P.S. I think Ill probably need a zanex or something before I shop for the stroller and car seat...so if anyone LOVES their stroller.... Im all ears : )

6 comments:

Maegen said...

I love it!!! how fun!!!

Nick and Karalynn said...

Wow Angie I haven't seen you in forever! Congrats on the baby! I found you from Gwen's blog. So where are you these days?

Anica said...

Way to go! I'm glad you finally figured out how to update your blog. I've been wondering if you've been too sick to do anything.

Jayson, Megan, Dawson & Creed said...

Angie!! Congrat-a-stinking-lations!! I'm so excited for you and Robby! This is so great!! We get to be prego together!! I hope you're feeling well so far. Great job on the crib! It's perfect. It looks like it will work good for boys and girls and hopefully you and Robby just cancel out each other's wildness and you get a super mellow baby! Probably not, but we can wish!! I'm so happy for you!!!

Brooke Baker said...

So cute Ang....have you picked out bedding yet? Oh, I guess you can't until you find out what it is. My family always jumps the gun and ends up having opposite of what they picked out! I do love it though! BTW, how's the pregnancy going?

Bentleys said...

Congrats!!! I love love love my McClaren stroller mine's a double but I have three now!! They are super easy to handle and fold up small but are heavy duties!! I am so excited for you guys!!